Carrot powder is simple to make. Here is how I make it.
1. Peel carrots (though this step is not necessary)
2. Cut carrots in small pieces
3. Run carrots through a food processor until very well processed but not liquid
4. Layer evenly in a thin layer on the bottom of baking pans (I prefer glass, but a stainless steel cookie sheet will do)
5. Dehydrate in the oven at around 180 to 200 degrees F. (A dehydrator will work too)
6. Be sure to prop oven open using the handle of a wooden spoon. Oven should not exceed 200 degrees or the spoon might "bake" as well. If the oven is around 250 or hotter, the spoon may catch on fire. A metal utensil can be used to prop the oven too, but it will become hot. The top of the wooden spoon will not be hot to touch, only the part that is in the oven will be hot.
7. Take carrots out and stir them occasionally
8. Dehydrate until completely dry but not baked. This takes several hours.
9. Allow carrots to cool
10. Grind in coffee grinder until carrot pieces become fine powder.
It takes about 2 pounds of carrots to make about 2 ounces of carrot powder.
Store in an airtight container, with a silica gel packet if possible. Use within two or three weeks for maximum freshness