verses 1 and 2
1Now it came to pass, when the wall was built, and I had set up the doors, and the porters and the singers and the Levites were appointed,
2That I gave my brother Hanani, and Hananiah the ruler of the palace, charge over Jerusalem: for he was a faithful man, and feared God above many.
1And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate... 2And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding... 3And he read therein... and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law.
6. And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with their faces to the ground.
8. So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
9. And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep....
10. Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
12. And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.